Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cinnamons Secret

I love cinnamon, it is my all time favorite spice. If you or someone you know suffers from type II diabetes, you should consider added it to your daily diet. It is easy to do, add it to your oatmeal, to fruits, to bread (whole grains or course), to some meat dishes, yogurt, ice cream, coffee, hot chocolate, popcorn(I use Splenda and cinnamon on mine), sweet potatoes, what ever you like. It really helps, my papa takes it too! Go Daddy!! It is thought that it some how regulates the insullin. While it wont substitute for a healthy lifestyle and diet it is worth looking considering, of course after talking with your doctor first.


The image “http://www.stressdynamics.com/ProductImages/botanicals/cinnamon.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

http://diabetes.webmd.com/news/20060404/cinnamon-may-prove-useful-for-diabetes

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/cinnamons-secret-health-benefit

4 comments:

Diane said...

Thnaks, Carmen! Both articles were very informative and encouraging. I've printed copies for Casey and Sarah. With diabetes on both sides of my family and now being a Weight Watcher I'm going to incorporate cinnamon in my diet. Tasty, healthy and zero points!!! I'm going to share this info at my WW meeting tomorrow morning. I know there will be a lot of interest. Blessings,
Diane

mama said...

Very interesting. your dad takes a cinnamon tablet every day. You have done alot of research And hard work.Mama

mama said...

Great Carmen I enjoied your wrigting You shoud be in a medical journal Good work,keep it up Love Daddy

Arizona said...

Interesting to say the least, Carmen. Martha being from Honduras and cinnamon being a locally grown spice is a big part of Marthas and her family diet. Having a history of diabetes they are very much into using cinammon for medicine. Also every time we go to Honduras, cinnamon tea is one of my favorite drinks. You have done much on research. Keep up the good work. Arizona